Monday 28 September 2015

INTRODUCTION - Preliminary film and evaluation

Preliminary film and evaluation


I think that my team created a very good short film with it being a first attempt and introduction to media and filming etc. We had very effective match cuts and well organised team (me as a cameraman, Jada as director and Tyrese/Eloise were acting - even though we all contributed to different aspects of the film). We had a good opening and ending which is 90% of what stays in the audience's mind meaning most people would find very few flaws in our film. We all had different ideas which all together created a good film piece. One of my favourite shots was the high angle to low angle when the mum was speaking to the son. This is because it worked really well and the shot was in frame perfectly. I thought that I was a good editor as I had used the software before therefore could get the editing done quickly and smoothly. We also used dialogue, shot reverse shot and attempted to use the 180 degree rule however there was a slight error/misunderstanding. Also we had a shot where the actress was not in the imaginary 3 by 3 grid which ruined a good over the shoulder shot. There was also one error in editing due to sound of the mum saying 'Ummm...' while looking at her watch not matching the next shot. We had no control over this as the sound was different due to her being closer to the mic and it was shot at a different angle so the sound echoed off the walls differently. I believe with better understanding over the editing software this could've been fixed. Overall I would give it a 7/10 as an averagely good first attempt of creating a short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment